Monday, January 26, 2009

Is Lollishops Dive Bombing?

After tons of complaints and hardly any sales from Lollishops, vendors are starting to close up shop.

Many of the vendors are complaining of high fees and unprofessional behavior shown by the owner.

A lot of vendors are also complaining about the favoritism shown by the owner of other vendors.

Lollishop vendors are very worried about the lack of experience the owner has. Some say she got way in over her head. From the way the site looks, people are saying stolen pics from polyvore is being used to make banners and avatars to numerous complaints on the lack of security the site has.

It seems that several Lollishop vendors were banned from the site after participating in the etsy forums. I find it quite amusing that the owner gets so upset when people talk about Lollishops in the etsy forums when she in fact USED the etsy forums to recruit the vendors! I guess no one is allowed to express an opinion until I opened this blog. So if any pissed off Lollishop vendors want to express an opinion, go right ahead! I'll make your comments public! Vendors should be able to voice an opinion about another venue. It helps in making a decision in whether or not to sell there.

There were a few discussions on the etsy message boards regarding the issues and the threads were closed. But ah yes!!! I found them! Kind of ironic how the owner completely shut down her private and public Ning sites after all this evolved. Here are the closed threads.:

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6012715&page=1

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6008130&page=1

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5933236&page=1

Happy Lollishopping!

14 comments:

  1. You can sell absolutly free on ArtFire.com We have some great features and tons of tools, won't shut down your threads in the forums, and the site is growing at about 2000% per month.

    We would love to have you with us! I can answer any questions about the site on Twitter for you. :o)

    www.Twitter.com/ArtFireJohn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look at their public forums now. It looks like when Sadie deleted it someone else took the url and made a "Lollishops Support Group"! A ton of links on the LS site and blog still point to the forum! Even the LS guild points to the forum. Too funny!

    http://lollishopping.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. thanks for posting the truth! I have been having such a hard time finding info about what actually happened, there are so many rumors floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee - it's too funny that the links now point to the support group...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link for the Lolli Support Group:

    http://lollishopping.ning.com/forum/topics/interesting-links

    It's not policed or edited by ANYONE. Vive la free speech!!!!!!! You may find answers you seek here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LolliShop vendors - those who do not know what really transpired this past weekend - you are pointing your finger of blame in the wrong direction. It upsets me that you are being led to believe that we are the "bad element" that needs to be weeded out. I have no fear of posting my identity to my comment.

    And thank you John for your invite to ArtFire! I have already set up shop on your venue and find it to be a most wonderful venue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree here with Renegade. It's too bad it all had to happen like it did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others."
    Jack Welch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renegade Rose said...
    LolliShop vendors - those who do not know what really transpired this past weekend - you are pointing your finger of blame in the wrong direction. It upsets me that you are being led to believe that we are the "bad element" that needs to be weeded out. I have no fear of posting my identity to my comment.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    You obviously did NOT see everything that happened with Sadie this weekend. If you are my friend I will forgive you for lots of meltdowns....if you are an owner of a company I have invested my time and money into, ONE meltdown or mis spoken comment MIGHT be forgiven but not MELTING DOWN MULTIPLE TIMES, kicking people out because they disagree with you and only posting comments you agree with. Come on now...I don't feel ONE BIT SORRY FOR HER!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Anonymous who commented on my comment. You must have misread my comment. Please read it again. I agree with you totally. SLW's behavior has been and continues to be reprehensible. I and many others left LS this past weekend because we could no longer respect her and trust her to represent us and our business's in a professional manner. She brought all of this upon herself and until she is upfront and honest and takes responsibilty for her actions trouble will continue to plague her and the LS vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renegade Rose...I apoligize! I really didn't get it the first time reading it!

    I just found it so hard to believe that anyone would still want to be associated with her!

    Obviously I DID misread your comment and do apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In over her head is an understatement. The website is tacky and amateurish. The owner demands a cultish following. Her newest blog post is entirely about her thrill at figuring out how to embed a clickable link in a pic? Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how in the world do you close a Lollishop? I've been on there 2 months and haven't had the first sale. I've emailed her and still can't get help.

    Help a girl out?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I applied for a Lollishop, and never heard back from her. Sent a follow up email a couple of weeks later, to see what the status was, and didn't have the decency to even respond.

    ReplyDelete